Nearly everyone has suffered from food poisoning at least once in their life time and has got the food poisoning treatment in one form or the other. This illness occurs due to viruses, bacteria or toxins present in food. Certain symptoms of food poisoning include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pains, dizziness and headache. Food poisoning shouldn't be ignored and should be treated in timely manner.
When you have developed food poisoning, your body tends to lose water more than usual. So it is ideal to drink as much water as you can to keep your body hydrated. This will also allow the toxins causing food poisoning to flush out.
Top Food Poisoning Treatment Ingredients From Your Kitchen
You can start the food poisoning treatment right from your home. Following are some home remedies to get you started with the treatment if you don't have access to the doctor immediately.
Ginger is a great home remedy for treating all sorts of digestive issues particularly the ones caused by food poisoning.
- Take some ginger tea after having food to stop nausea, heartburn and other such symptoms linked with food poisoning. You can make ginger tea by boiling water with 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and a bit of honey or sugar for few minutes.
- Another good option is to add some ginger juice drops to 1 teaspoon honey and swallow it twice or thrice a day to minimize pain and inflammation.
- You may also go for raw ginger.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar is acidic but has an alkaline effect because of the way it metabolizes in the body. This helps reducing food poisoning symptoms. It helps soothing the gastrointestinal lining and reduces bacteria thus giving you an instant relief.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water and consume it before you eat your food.
- You can also have 2-3 teaspoons of undiluted vinegar.
Fenugreek Seeds & Yogurt
Yogurt has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that fight with bacteria. Fenugreek seeds help in minimizing abdominal discomfort.
You may take 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with 1 tablespoon yogurt. Simply swallow it instead of chewing it and you will see how instantly it will give you relief from stomach pain.
Lemon has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties which may give you some relief. The acid present in lemons kill bacteria causing food poisoning.
- Simply add some sugar to 1 teaspoon lemon juice and have it 2-3 times every day.
- You may also add some lemon juice to warm water to clean out your body.
Basil is considered an excellent food poisoning treatment when it comes to soothing abdominal pain due to food poisoning. Moreover, it has antimicrobial properties that help fighting micro-organisms.
- Have basil juice extracted from some leaves with 1 tablespoon honey a few times a day. You may also add some fresh coriander juice to it.
- Add basil leaves, sea salt and some black pepper to 3 tablespoons of yogurt. Have this mixture 3-4 times daily until your food poisoning symptoms go away.
- this will help you More